With increased usage, it is more than likely that at some point, your AC will face different problems in its lifetime, including a blown fuse. If this does occur, you will have to opt for a quick search, using the keywords ‘emergency air conditioning repair service near me’, online. Our professionals suggest all homeowners should have some knowledge as to why it happens. Continue reading for more information.
Top Reasons For Ac Blowing A Fuse
An air conditioner provides us comfort when it is hot outside. Imagine how frustrating and uncomfortable it can be when your AC blows a fuse. In this respect, if you know why such a condition arises, you might be able to prevent it beforehand. Here are some top reasons for this problem:
- The Issue With The Fuse Box: When you face this kind of problem, you would first look for the reason in the fuse box to inspect the electrical wiring, power supply, circuit, etc. Every fuse and breaker is designed to trip if a power surge happens. At this point, you should not take any steps to solve the issue. It is a complex problem that needs professional support. You can search for an ’emergency air conditioning repair service near me’ online and hire an expert for this job.
- Clogged Air Filters: The air filters are responsible for cleaning the indoor air and keeping the HVAC system free of dust and debris. These two works happen simultaneously. When you forget to pay attention to the filters, indoor air quality gets hampered, and your AC has to work much harder to pull the air through the ducts. As a result, the overload happens and blows a fuse.
- Low Refrigerant Level: The refrigerant is why you get cool air across your house. If such an essential part runs low in the system, the system has to work harder than usual to provide you comfort. For this reason, the electrical system in your system gets blown.
A refrigerant leak only happens whenever there is a leak in the system. If you are a resident in the area, contact our professional air conditioning maintenance service in Monterey, CA, to look into this problem immediately.
- Malfunctioning Capacitor: The capacitor is a part of your condenser or outdoor unit. The capacitor is a small part that regulates the electricity flowing through the condenser. If this capacitor malfunctions, the electric surge will affect your system, and the fuse may get blown too. All you have to do is to replace the capacitor.
- Excessive Demand: When you keep the AC running throughout the day, you need more cooling in your house. However, when you keep running the system continuously under extreme temperatures, the electric fuse may get blown from time to time. It is better to opt for upgrading the system to tackle this condition.
The problem with the fuse arises when your system is too old or the pressure is too high. At this point, we can help you keep your system in the best condition possible. Monterey Peninsula Sheet Metal & Heating should be your only choice. We specialize in air conditioning maintenance service in Monterey, CA and the nearby areas.
We are a professional service company with excellent track records. We provide top-notch service at affordable rates. Call us at 831-220-3745 to learn more.