Imagine coming home from a long, hot, and damp day and as you enter your house and switch on the AC, you can sense something is wrong. The reasons for this can be many, but can also happen due to a faulty air conditioner installation in Monterey that needs to be checked.
Types Of AC Odors, Their Possible Causes And Solutions
Your AC Has A Car Exhaust Smell
- Your AC does not run on an internal combustion engine. When those fluids are heated, they can have an exhaust-like odor if you own a mini-split and then get ductless AC repair in Monterey to solve this issue.
- A leak in your refrigerant line has an odor like this coming from your AC. Your AC uses a refrigerant as a cooling agent, and a leak might affect how well it works.
- Additionally, it disperses pollutants into the atmosphere, endangering the ecosystem. Get your AC checked out by a professional as soon as possible, if it’s creating a chemical-like odor.
Your AC Has A Burning Smell
- Your air conditioner has several electrical parts, including circuit boards, power lines, fans, and compressors. To avoid this issue, look for better services for air conditioner installation in Monterey.
- In this situation, immediately turn off your AC and seek advice from an AC expert. This smell can also be caused by dust that collects within your unit after prolonged inactivity.
- However, if the odor persists, the AC begins to break down, or the odor is powerful, you must shut off your unit and call an HVAC specialist immediately. If you have a mini-split, you need to call a service provider for ductless AC repair in Monterey.
Your AC Smells Like Rotten Eggs
- Dead rats or other animals that get trapped in an AC can sometimes cause it to smell bad or rancid. Since it is so distinctive and identifiable, you cannot mistake this odor for anything else.
- Your ductwork is a potential nesting or hiding place for birds and insects, who might get caught in the system. When you switch on your AC, it could release a bad odor into your house.
- To prevent such unpleasant events, it is necessary to always pest-proof your unit. You might also need to find a service provider for ductless AC replacement in Monterey for replacing your mini-split unit.
You Can Rely On Monterey Peninsula Heating And Sheet Metal For AC Repair In Monterey
The next time you arrive home and smell anything foul, you will be able to identify the source and take the necessary action to eliminate it. Do not use an air purifier or freshener to remove the unpleasant scent. It will only worsen the situation.
Delaying necessary repairs would only make your AC worse than it currently is and might damage the whole system. Sometimes it’s hard to find services for ductless AC replacement in Monterey, but we provide them. For quality AC services and AC installations in Monterey, get in touch with Monterey Peninsula Sheet Metal & Heating now.