What Causes Electric Heaters To Stop Working?
An electric heater is a typical household and essential appliance in most homes. They provide warmth and comfort during the winter, so it can be challenging to stay warm when they stop working. For this reason, having a functioning electric heater in your home is crucial. If your electric heater is not working, please get in touch with Monterey Peninsula Sheet Metal & Heating for heater repair in Monterey, CA. We can help immediately get your electric heater up and running again.
The efficiency of an electric heater can decrease over time. This is normal and will happen to all-electric heaters eventually. The lifespan of an electric heater is around 10-15 years. If your electric heater is starting to show signs of wear & tear, it may be time to replace it.
Here are a few factors that can cause your electric heater to stop working:
- Dirty filters: Over time, the filter in your electric heater can become dirty and clogged. This decreases the airflow and makes the heater less effective. It is essential to clean or replace the filter regularly.
- Thermostat issues: A malfunctioning thermostat can prevent your room from reaching the desired temperature. Double-check that your thermostat is set to the appropriate setting to ensure it works correctly.
- Circuit breaker: If the circuit breaker trips, it will shut off power to the electric heater. This can happen if there is a short circuit or the heater is overloaded. Reset the circuit breaker and ensure there are no other electrical issues before turning the power back on.
- Wiring issues: Over time, the wiring in your electric heater can become loose or damaged. This can cause an electrical hazard, so it’s recommended you call a qualified technician for repair.
- Pilot light: Some electric heaters have a pilot light that needs to be lit for the heater to work. If the pilot light goes out, the heater will not work. Ensure you relight the pilot light according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
If you notice any of these signs and are located in Monterey, CA, call a professional from Monterey Peninsula Sheet Metal & Heating for heating repair. We do not suggest trying to DIY when it comes to major issues, as it can be dangerous due to safety hazards.
Schedule Service Today!
Monterey Peninsula Sheet Metal & Heating is one of the best HVAC companies in the area. Along with electric heater repair, we provide other HVAC services such as AC, heat pump replacement, furnace repair, and much more in Monterey, CA, and the surrounding areas. Check out our service location to see if we serve in your area, or call us at (831) 220-3745. Call us to discuss all your needs, and we will arrange your desired HVAC needs. You can also follow us on Facebook for more HVAC updates and promotional offers.