As summer approaches, many homeowners are thinking about their air conditioning systems and how to keep them running efficiently. The good news is that there are several no-cost ways to improve the efficiency of your AC system and keep it running smoothly, no matter the weather outside.
Here Are Eight Tips From The Experts At Monterey Sheet Metal & Heating, Specializing AC Repair In Carmel, CA:
- Change Your Air Filters Regularly: Dirty and clogged air filters reduce airflow and make your AC system work harder to cool your home. Be sure to replace your air filters every three months or more frequently if you keep pets or live in a remarkably dusty area.
- Seal Your Ducts and Insulate Your Home: Leaky ducts can reduce the efficiency of your AC system by up to 20 percent. Be sure to have your ducts inspected and sealed regularly to ensure you get the most out of your AC. Good insulation helps keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter, reducing the load on your AC system and saving you energy.
- Keep Your AC Unit Clean: Dirt, dust, and debris can clog your AC unit, reducing its efficiency and making it work harder to cool your home. Regular cleaning of the outside unit, fins, and coils can help keep your AC running smoothly. Schedule AC repair in Monterey, CA, if you reside in the area and require assistance cleaning and repairing your unit.
- Open Windows and Use Fans: Natural ventilation is an excellent way to keep your home cool, so take advantage of cool breezes whenever you can. Additionally, using fans to circulate air can help reduce the workload on your AC system.
- Keep Shades and Curtains Closed: Direct sunlight can heat your home, making your AC system work harder to keep things cool. By closing shades and curtains during the hottest part of the day, you can help reduce the load on your AC and save energy.
- Vacuum Indoor Vents: Cleaning the indoor vents and ducts will help improve the airflow and reduce energy consumption. Vacuuming the vents and ducts regularly will eliminate dust and other debris obstructing the airflow.
- Increase Thermostat Temperature: Raising the temperature setting of your thermostat by a few degrees can help reduce energy consumption and improve efficiency. This is because the air conditioning system will not work as hard to cool the air in your home.
- Keeping Heat-Producing Appliances Away: Keeping heat-producing appliances, such as lamps and televisions, away from the thermostat and the air conditioning unit will help prevent heat from being transferred to the cooled air.
By following these eight no-cost tips, you can improve the efficiency of your AC system and ensure that it keeps your home cool and comfortable all summer long. If you do happen to run into any problems, be sure to call the experts at Monterey Peninsula Sheet Metal & Heating. Our experienced technicians are available 24/7 to help you with all your AC repair needs in Carmel and Monterey, CA. Give us a call to learn more, and schedule an appointment today!