What Is The Most Common Problem With Water Heaters?
Your water heater is an appliance you often use and plays a significant role in making your life more comfortable. Just like any other appliance in your home, water heaters can experience problems from time to time.
Some issues will require professional repair or replacement. If you require water heater repair in Monterey, please call Monterey Peninsula Sheet Metal & Heating at (831) 220-3745. We are one of the top water heater repair companies in the area.
To better understand your situation, it’s important to learn what the most common issues are. Here are some of the most common problems with water heaters:
- Taking A Long Time To Heat Up: One of the primary water heater problems is that it takes a long time to heat the water. The reasons could be due to a faulty heating element or thermostat, sediment build-up in the tank, or a problem with the gas supply. If your water heater is taking a long time to heat your water, call our professionals for water heater repair in Monterey right away.
- Leaking Water Heater Tank: If you notice water leaking from your water heater tank, this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed immediately. A leaky water heater tank can cause severe damage to your home and pose a safety hazard. The most common cause of a water heater tank leak is corrosion, caused by sediment build-up in the tank.
- Not Enough Hot Water: If you need more hot water from your water heater, it could also be due to an issue with the heating element or thermostat, sediment build-up in the tank, or a problem with the gas supply.
- Strange Noises: Strange noises from your water heater could be due to sediment build-up in the tank. When water is heated, sediment can form at the bottom of the tank. This sediment can insulate the heating element, causing it to overheat and make noise.
- Low Water Pressure: A low water pressure issue mainly arises when pipes are too close to water heaters. If the water pressure is low in your home, it could be due to the location of your water heater. Pipes too close to water heaters can corrode over time, leading to low water pressure. Additionally, old pipes could be another reason due to sediment deposits.
- Sudden Change In Water Temperature: If you notice a sudden change in water temperature, the thermostat could be the reason. The thermostat controls the water temperature, so if it’s not working correctly, the water temperature will fluctuate.
If you are experiencing any of the above problems, it’s recommended to obtain a proper inspection with a professional before making any decisions.
Quality Water Heater Service Provider In Monterey
Monterey Peninsula Sheet Metal & Heating is a full-service water heater company, serving the Monterey area for over 50 years. We offer water heater repair, replacement, and installation services to residential and commercial customers. Whether it’s a repair or a new water heater installation in Monterey, you can rely on us for any of your water heater needs. Call us today at (831) 220-3745 to schedule your water heater service.