What Does It Mean To Service An HVAC?
When residential or commercial property owners in Carmel, CA, need a licensed HVAC contractor, they call our Monterey Peninsula Sheet Metal & Heating team. As a commercial HVAC company, we often get asked what it means to service an HVAC system.
In short, servicing an HVAC system means promptly cleaning and inspecting all parts of the system. Servicing helps to ensure that the system is running smoothly and efficiently. The frequency of service required will depend on many factors, such as the size of the HVAC system or the climate.
At Monterey Peninsula Sheet Metal & Heating, we recommend that clients have their HVAC systems serviced at least once a year. However, depending on the system, more frequent servicing may be required.
Contact us today if you have questions about commercial HVAC service in Monterey, CA, or would like to schedule a service appointment. We look forward to helping you keep your commercial property comfortable and efficient throughout the year.
Common Issues We Find During Servicing
While servicing an HVAC system, our experienced HVAC technicians often find a few common issues that need to be addressed. Some of these issues include the following:
- Dirty filters: A dirty filter can impact the efficiency of an HVAC system and can also lead to decreased air quality. Filters require replacing or cleaning regularly, depending on the type of filter and the level of dust in the environment.
- Clogged drains: If water is not draining properly from the HVAC unit, it can cause several problems, including mold growth and damage to the unit. It is essential to ensure that the drains are clear and debris free.
- Faulty wiring: Wiring problems can cause the HVAC system to malfunction or even cause a fire hazard. Hence any wiring issues are to be addressed as soon as possible.
- Refrigerant leaks: A refrigerant leak can decrease the efficiency of an HVAC system and also be harmful to the environment. It is essential to have any leaks repaired as soon as possible.
- Thermostat problems: A faulty thermostat can make it challenging to maintain a comfortable temperature in a commercial space. If you notice that your thermostat is not working correctly, it is essential to have it serviced as soon as possible.
- Ductwork: Commercial HVAC systems often have extensive ductwork that can become clogged with dust and debris over time. This can impact the system’s efficiency and the air quality in the commercial space. It is essential to have the ductwork cleaned regularly.
While these are some of the most common issues we find during HVAC servicing, it is not a complete list. Our team of licensed HVAC contractors will thoroughly inspect your system and identify any problems that need attention. We will then work with you to develop a plan to address those issues and keep your system running smoothly. Call us at (831) 220-3745 for commercial HVAC service in Monterey, CA.